FB Art Challenge Redux

I thought I might actually escape unnoticed.... But Adrienne Marcus kindly invited me to share three pics of art for five days and to nominate two other artists each day to do the same. So here is my day one and I'd like today to nominate two artists who I do not in fact know beyond FB, but whose works I enjoy: Lauren Luloff and Dusa Jesih Lauren and Dusa-- if you would not mind joining in and posting three pics for each of five days-- it would be great to see more of yr respective works. Please tag me in the post too, so I can see it when it goes up. And you both get to pass on the nominations-- two each day apparently.
Here is some of my recent work....Untitled 370 (Love) graphite on paper, 19x20"-- drawn from a degenerated photocopy of an archival photo. And Untitled 360 (Hippie Swim), xerography on canvas 63.5x72"-- cut xerographic prints of archival photographs of communes. Thanks, Adrienne.


 



 
I was invited by Adrienne Marcus to share some pics of art and for Day Two it is Sculpture Sunday. So here are a few sculptural pieces from the last few years that reference the forms of Bucky Fuller- his geodesic domes and Dymaxion Map- and are part of my larger interests in Utopian and intentionalized communities (hence the communes etc of other works). As it is Sculpture Sunday, I'd like to invite two sculptors who played a huge part in setting my feet upon the path of being an artist and whose works I've always loved: Paul Mauren and Jeanne Flanagan, I invite you to share three images a day for five days and invite two more artists each of those days. This should be fun and interesting not burdensome. Please tag me in your posts so I can see them when they go up.
Here is: Dome VI, wood, hardware, 96x96x48 2014 (left) Dome II, found cardboard, hardware, 96x96x48 2011-14; Untitled(Notes for the Future), concrete, steel, 156x96x2, 2012 and Untitled (Dome V) concrete, steel 2012, 40 cast concrete triangles appr 30x30x30 ea. (both of these pieces are installed and on view at Omi International Arts Center, Ghent, NY)

   




I was invited by Adrienne Marcus to share some pics of art and for Day Three here are a few pieces from my 2012 show at Masters Projects (then Masters&Pelavin) in New York. These works all reference Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion Map as part of my larger interests in utopian dreams and strivings. They are all cut xerographic prints on canvas with the prints derived from degraded archival images of Modernist architecture, communes and other intentionalized communities. I'm running out of people to invite to this who haven't already joined in.... how about two wonderful former students of mine Amanda Ellinger(who assisted me with many of these pieces) and Emily Dorr... I invite you both to share three images a day for five days and invite two more artists each of those days. Note: This should be fun and interesting not burdensome. Please tag me in your posts so Ican see them when they go up.
Day Three: An installation view that includes Untitled #327 (Tomorrow Never Comes), cut xerographic prints on canvas, 96x153, 2012, Untitled (Dome V) concrete, steel 2012, 40 cast concrete triangles appr 30x30x30 ea and Untitled 318 (Map Edge) cut xerographic prints on canvas 50x80 2012; an installation view that includes Untitled 325(Two Maps) , cut xerographic prints on canvas, 96x60 2012, the same Untitled (Dome V) and Untitled 325 (Two Maps) , cut xerographic prints on canvas, 96x60 2012 and a solo shot of Untitled #327 (Tomorrow Never Comes), cut xerographic prints on canvas, 96x153, 2012
 



I was invited by Adrienne Marcus to share some pics of art and for Day Four here are a few pieces from the past year and a half. These works all reference Mondrian's "lozenge" paintings as part of my larger interests in utopian dreams and strivings. They are all cut xerographic prints on canvas with the prints derived from degraded archival images of Modernist architecture, communes and other intentionalized communities. I'm running out of people to invite to this who haven't already joined in.... how about Babs Owen and Cynthia Hartling ... I invite you both to share three images a day for five days and invite two more artists each of those days. Note: This should be fun and interesting not burdensome. Please tag me in your posts so I can see them when they go up.
Day Four: A studio view that includes Untitled 364(Corbusier),cut xerographic prints on canvas, 48x48, 2014, Untitled 346 (Grey Diamond) cut xerographic prints on canvas 48x48 2013 and Untitled 361(Corbusier),cut xerographic prints on canvas, 48x48, 2014; and then individual pics of Untitled 346 (Grey Diamond) cut xerographic prints on canvas 48x48 2013 and Untitled 361(Corbusier),cut xerographic prints on canvas, 48x48, 2014

 




I was invited by Adrienne Marcus to share some pics of art and for my final Day Five here are a few very recent works.... Two graphite on paper drawings of degenerated photocopies depicting archival photos of hippie communes (the same images used for the collaged works) and one new collage piece on aluminum panel that again references Mondrian's "lozenge" paintings and uses cut xerographic prints-- this time of large crowds. Still all part of my larger interests in utopian dreams and strivings. I'd like to invite fellow-drawer Juliet Jacobson, with whom I had the pleasure of showing last year, and I feel like I may have neglected an invite to someone.... somewhere.... I 'd hate for this to feel like the middle-school kick-ball team... Scott Brodie? Chelly Rock Hegan? James Cullinane? ... I invite any to share three images a day for five days and invite two more artists each of those days. . Please tag me in your posts so I can see them when they go up. This has been fun. Thanks for inviting me Adrienne and thanks you all so much for taking a look....
Day Final: Untitled 383-15 (Hippie Caravan), graphite on paper, 20x19, 2015; Untitled 381-14 (Hippie Swim), graphite on paper, 20x19, 2015;Untitled 380-14 (crowd) cut xerographic prints on paper mounted on aluminum 17x 17 2014 and .... one final bonus of Untitled 365 (Garden), cut xerographic prints on paper mounted on aluminum, 17x17, 2014-- this one uses images of William Morris wallpaper...